Featured in the May 2018 Edition of 'In The Loop Magazine
One of my favorite delicious and simple recipes is this watermelon salad. It's great during the Summer and Fall season. Colorful, light and it is so refreshing. Get creative serve on skewers, cut watermelon into pie shape, or use a melon ball scoop and serve.
- Medium size watermelon, cut into bite size pieces or get creative
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta, or more if desired
- 10-15 leaves of Fresh mint, cut into small pieces
- Balsamic Reduction, recipe to follow
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- optional: Pepper and sea salt to taste
Directions: Balsamic Reduction
- In a small pot on medium heat add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, stir with whisk to dissolve
- Stir consistently and bring vinegar to a boil
- Lower heat stir until liquid reduces and thickens, it takes approximately 20-25 minutes
- Pour Balsamic reduction into a mason jar, cool completely, Store in refrigerator (good up to two weeks)
- However you decide to cut and serve your watermelon, put in large bowl or platter and serve family style or individual serving dishes, add watermelon, drizzle balsamic reduction, crumble feta on top, sprinkle with fresh mint, optional add pepper and salt
- Serve and Enjoy!